Garden Tour 11

Sweet Onions
Sony A77II
Minolta 200mm macro
ISO 800, 1/250 @ f16

Neither Chrissy nor I can recall when we put these in the garden but they are pretty indestructible and bloom most of the year. I thought this was an especially nice grouping. I had to bump the ISO a bit to combat a breeze. All comments welcome. >=))>

1 Like

This is lovely Bill. I like the separation from the green background and I really like the diagonal lines in the background. Both of the choices really make the flowers pop and emphasize their delicate nature. The cropping is perhaps tight for some, but I like it as we can see the tips of petals and we have some room to the right for the diagonals. For me me, it makes the fliers feel static and still in the rush of spring.

Nice guys very well portraited. The contrast of lights and colors creates the distance between the flowers and the BG, I love the image Bill. We have here similar flowers but some details are different.

They are beautiful, Bill. I just love the color. The oof background really sets them off. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Bill,

Love the color combo - color/sat looks spot on and beautiful. The background is way cool too - not just a soft oof bg to separate the flowers, but there’s a soft pattern of shapes that are quite pleasing. For me, the bg supplements the image rather than detracting from it.

My wish would be for the top flower to be sharp like the rest. Yeah, I get it. It’s windy and not like a stack of any sort is going to work in this situation. But still, my eye wants to go to the upper flowers first for some reason. Oh, and I see now why. The top flower is facing away, where as the bottom flowers are facing forward - adding to the dof explanation.

A lovely image regardless.

Lon

Bill
I really like this. The flowers are lovely.

I liked the flowers so much I attempted to order some. Do they have another name? I am not finding anything under “Sweet Onions”.

Best
Kathy

Kathy: I’m not sure of the real name. They have been in our garden for many years and have required little or no maintenance. Chrissy can’t remember their name either but I’ll keep looking.

1 Like

Maybe a bulb??? I looked at seeds . Will look at bulbs when I am back at the catalog. I have ordered so much this year!!

Really like an image like this, Bill - so natural and presenting the flowers directly for their simple beauty. A tiny nit might be for the topmost flower to also be sharp, but that’s no deal breaker.