Glossy Ibis Incoming

Though not terribly rare, the Glossy Ibis is far rarer than its cousin, the white Ibis. They tend to be a tad larger and to me, a bit more awkward.

Specific Feedback Requested

Whatever you wish to comment upon. Thanks you ahead of time.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
The data for this shot was lost in the hurricane but I would guess at f/5.6, D500, 200-500 @200mm, ISO 400, 1/1200-2500 depending on the bird.

Wow, Chris! I love how the two legs are in sync. Even more, I love the lighting on the bird. One suggestion: I’d add a catchlight to the eye or lighten around the eye a bit. But it’s a super shot.

1 Like

woah, that’s pretty super. Agree with Mike about the eye. A quick radial filter with exposure adjustment usually does the trick. The colors in the bird are fabulous - rusty red, shimmery green and a touch of blue. Wow. I’ve never seen one of these, but maybe one day.

1 Like

I think this might do it.

1 Like

Hi Chris
The lighting, side angle and open wings, give the viewer the full range of a Glossy Ibis color palette.
Not a easy trick to pull off, nice work. The second posting, a mush better exposure on the eye.
Peter

1 Like

An excellent capture, Chris! The square crop works very well with this. It was difficult lighting and it’s too bad the one visible eye happened to be in the shadow but its not really a problem when viewing the large version.

1 Like