Great Blue Heron with tiny catch

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Saw this Great Blue yesterday at a local park.

Specific Feedback

I added canvas on top in the first image. Look okay?
Any other thoughts?

Technical Details

Canon R7, 400mm f4 DO IS II, 1.4x extender III
ISO 4000, f5.6, 1/1250s, hand held

Processed in DXO Pure Raw 3 and Photoshop.

Hahaha. These both make me laugh. The first one because of the look on the fish and the second because of the look on the bird. I cannot see any problems with canvas added. Both have great detail and colours. Great catches for the bird and you!

1 Like

Very cool, Allen. You should pair this with one where the catch is inordinately large (I think I remember you posting one of those).

1 Like

Excellent IQ and wonderful decisive moments! I don’t see any signs that canvas was added. No nits!

1 Like

Allen, this is really great (not for the little fish, of course). I love the water spray/drops in the first one, and how you caught it flipped upwards in it’s battle to get free. The second one though is really neat the way you caught it in mid air about to go down the hatch. Nice details in the GB and the little fish. Probably just one of many snacks he caught to curb his appetite. Well done.

1 Like

Alllen: this is a very well caught series. I like the sharpness of the subjects (fish and bird). I particularly like the first one with the trail of water droplets coming off the fish. I don’t see any problems with the added canvas.

1 Like

I like it although I always feel bad for the victims. Good action freezing and angle. However did you get so close? Our GBHs are so skittish!

1 Like

HI Allen
All that work, for such a small snack. Very cool.
Peter

1 Like