Great Blue Heron

I liked this because of the wing spread and that I see the face/eye.

Specific Feedback Requested: Any thoughts is always appreciated.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7DII; Sigma 150-600 at 600 mm; 1/1000 at f 8.0; ISO 1600; noise reduction in Topaz

2 Likes

Very nice action frame. The full wing spread is super. I also enjoy the environment with the foreground grasses and the distant trees in the background. Very nice image!

1 Like

Good looking heron Allen. A nice big wing span and you are right on about the head and eye. Very nice.

1 Like

Beautiful details of the feathers! Nice BG colors as well.

1 Like

Love the big wingspread and the environment. I could comment more on IQ if I could see the frame larger. I’m wondering if I am seeing a few clone marks around the bird’s left wing, or are those somewhat odd things in the BG?

1 Like

Thanks for commenting, Lyle. Must be something in the background as I didn’t make any changes around the left wing.

Nice wing spread and a very pleasant surrounding ! Enjoyable image ! Cheers, Hans

1 Like

Great capture in a lovely environment! My only thought would be a subtle gradient burn on the bottom of the frame.

1 Like

Very cool wing spread, Allen. I do like the environment as well. Interesting that only one leg is visible.

1 Like

Hi Allen
It looks like the Blue is having a great time dancing the field. The color, detail and head turn look great. I think you could look at blurring the grass line under the wings. This would breakup the straight line I see, were depth of field end. Nice work.
Peter

1 Like