Green Heron about to land

I’m looking forward to the return of the green herons to my neighborhood lake. Here is a shot from this past summer. The green heron is in the sun but the background is the lake reflecting a tree in the shade.

Canon 7D2, 400mm f4 DO II, 1.4x TC III, monopod
ISO 640, f6.3, 1/2500s

ig: allensparks.wildlife

2 Likes

A very beautiful image, Allen. Great landing pose from the heron and the black background really makes it look cool.

Wonderful action photo of this heron Allen. I really like how the bird pops from the background. Nicely done.

Allen, what a great shot of this Green Heron. I have only seen one once in flight, rest have been perched somewhere, and they aren’t even easy to see and photograph then. So this really is special. I just love his top notch (hair doo). He really does stand out against the black background. Well done. :+1: :+1:

Great pose and detail and a rather neat low key image.

Man, this is the kinda shot I dream about getting. Great freeze pose, finely lit subject, contrasting dark background… Just wow. I would not change a thing if this were mine.

Super shot Allen, the dark background really sets him off and the landing pose is terrific.

Wow ! Excellent - great pose and the heron stands out nicely from the BG. A winner ! Cheers, Hans