Green Heron landing

Another green heron shot from this past summer. For nesting, they seem to prefer this area with a large fallen branch in the water in front of an overhanging tree. Lucky for me it is near the boat dock which makes for a nice shooting site. Very glad the nesting was successful this past year.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 7D mark II, Sigma 150-600mm C
ISO 640, f6.3, 1/3200s

@allensparks.wildlife
3 Likes

Nice light you had here and a dynamic sharp pose.

What a dandy shot. Incoming with some speed. That pose says it all. A really good catch. And a nice bg to go with it.

1 Like

Allen, this is a wonderful stop action shot. I like the perch he is headed for, it is a nice element in this scene. Perfect timing.

A wonderful landing pose, Allen. The extension of the feet is awesome. Very well done.

1 Like

The other comments say it for me. That bright area by tail makes it look like the heron is skidding to a stop. Very nice.

Love this action shot! The background blur makes it look really fast!

Really nice. Bird is good and sharp, great light. I love the inclusion of the perch. Only suggestion is that I’d try and blend in that spot in the water under the heron’s tail.

Great detail for a fast action shot. Nicely composed with an attractive setting.

Great shot, one of those that make me smile. While writing this it’s morning, I just have my first cup of coffee and this is the first image I check and I am already in a good mood. Thanks ! Love the stretched legs and good to have the landing spot in the frame. Well done ! Cheers, Hans

1 Like

Well ok, everyone has already said it all so I’ll just add that I love it! :slight_smile: