Green Heron and re-post

I like the layering of the environment, though I understand it may be too busy for some. I was, of course, quite pleased to get the heron out in the open.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7D II; Sigma 150-600 at 600 mm; 1/400 at f6.3; ISO 500.

The layered environment works for me, Allen. I like that aspect a lot. I seem to be seeing a lot of noise, which is surprising at iso 500 unless this was considerably underexposed in the original. You might run another round of noise reduction on the background to try to tame it.

1 Like

Thanks @Dennis_Plank. Here’s a repost with some NR run through Topaz. I think it does look better; though I didn’t feel there was much on the original-guess I was wrong.

I like the repost, Allen. There wasn’t a huge amount, but it gave the reeds in the background an odd look the my eye found disquieting.

1 Like

Very nice… I really like the setting with the plants behind the log and the log itself.
Nice pose as well.

1 Like

I do see a difference in the noise between the first and second image but I don’t know that it’s that much of an annoyance. One thing I did notice is the sharpness in the first image compared to the second image. Applying a layer of noise reduction appears to have decreased the image quality along the beak. As a result, I think I would prefer the first one. The other thing I noticed is the noise was more noticeable on my iPad compared to my large monitor. Can’t figure that one out.

1 Like

Nice environmental photo of the heron. I like the pose with all those feathers overlapping.

1 Like