Green Heron landing

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Saw this heron landing yesterday at the local park pond. Taken in early morning light.

Specific Feedback

Any

Technical Details

Canon R7, 400mm f4 DO IS II, 1.4x extender III, monopod
ISO 2500, f5.6, 1/1600s

2 Likes

HAH! A very rare Reddish Morph Green Heron! :laughing:

But a seriously wonderful capture with lovely sharpness and detail! I love the magic of early morning light. The raised crest gives him a look of concentration.

I’m a little conflicted about the stuff in the LL corner. Might be interesting to warm up gray areas at least?

Love the light and the landing pose. Detail looks good and I like the water and the log and the trees in the background-a very nice setting that nicely complements the heron. I’d be tempted, if possible to clone out the gray limb in the LLC as well as the gray spots in the water as it seems to clash with the greens and reds.

I really like the light and the landing pose is very cool. Usually this species bears little resemblance to the big herons, but in this pose the resemblance is striking. My only problem with this image is the gray blob in the lower left. I don’t know if it’s feasible to remove it or not, but for me, it’s a real eye magnet.

yup, it’s all about the light. The landing poses superb. I like the way the image is composed.