Green Heron Stalking prey

I watched this Heron for about 30 minutes before he/she moved. He did get a crustacean in the next picture. I loved his/her intensity.

Specific Feedback Requested

BG is very cluttered, but that is where he hangs out.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon R6, Sigma 150-600 C, 600mm, ISO 640, 1/1000sec, f/9.0, hand held.
LR to tone down some of the background and foreground , cropped only to about 80% of original. Other usual adjustments in LR.
All comments welcomed.

Greenies are my favorite and kudos to you for your patience & dedication. It sure paid off and I wish I could get this to load large. Greenies have such amazing feathers and you’ve caught them here with this lunge. And the foot! Love it. They have such intense concentration, even more than great blues in my experience. Processing and focus looks good in this small view.

Pleasing image with good detail and excellent environment. You caught a great pose. One of your better images.

Excellent detail in the heron and a superb pose, Charlie. The environment is perfect for this species. It’s interesting to me that while you have some fairly bright reeds in the background, they seem to be fairly evenly disposed around the heron and counteract each other so that they don’t pull my eye away from it. It provides a new and interesting twist on compositions.

Thanks for the feed back.

thanks

Hi Charlie
The Heron is showing us a study in patience and concentration. Lowering the background helps the Green Heron stand out, love the water droplet.
Peter

Nice hunting pose with the intent look and raised foot and great detail in the heron. No problem with the background; shows the heron’s environment. Nice one.

Wonderful – it conveys intensity SO well! It looks spring-loaded! Wonderful detail on the bird and the BG is very nicely subdued.

Thanks. I was lucky that he headed off to my right and gave me an almost perpendicular profile.

Charlie