Green Ibis

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

On a recent trip to Costa Rica, I spent a day and half on boats in the Cano Negro area of marsh and low rivers near the Nicaragua border.

Specific Feedback

I didn’t boost the saturation anywhere in this image, but I’m wondering if I should bring it down to make it look a bit less gaudy.

Technical Details

Sony A1, FE 200-600 +.14 TC, monopod from a boat, f/9, 1/1600, iso 2000, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Blurred the foreground and bg a bit to smooth them out as they were showing a bit of the jittery look that out of focus grasses sometimes give. Removed a couple of the dead stems that were annoying. Taken February 23rd at 7:08 a.m.

2 Likes

I don’t see any need to tone down the saturation Dennis. You did a nice job with the foreground and BG to accentuate the Ibis. I am really enjoying seeing all of the new and exciting birds you were able to photograph on your trip.

I saw plenty of white ibis during a recent Florida trip, so it’s refreshing to see one so different Dennis. To my eyes, the saturation looks fine and very normal (as opposed to my recently posted green heron, lol). You caught a nice pose, with very little vegetation intruding and you still have a sense of the habitat. Great detail and colors throughout the bird, especially on his neck.