Green Stink Bug

I just saw this little bug in our flower garden this morning. I didn’t realize until I brought it up on the computer screen that there was an ugly did flower in the left corner. So I cropped this in considerably to get a square composition and get rid of the dead flower. When will I learn to look all around my view finder???

What technical feedback would you like if any? Anything

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Does the square crop work for this bug?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 5D II, Canon 100 mm L macro lens, KX-800 twin flash with diffuser handheld. Settings f16, 1/125, ISO 160, shot manual. Edited in LR and Topaz (AI Clear).

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Shirley: Had to hold my nose to view this :wink:. Really good capture and I like the vignette that really spotlights this guy. Seeing the entire viewfinder is a never ending challenge. I often get home and see something that makes me say, “What was I thinking?:thinking:.” But then again, if we weren’t excited about the subject we might not even point the lens at it. Despite your missing the dead flower this turned out very nicely.:+1::+1:>=))>

2 Likes

Shirley, the colors and details in this stinker look great. The head on view also works well with your good dof.

1 Like

Shirley…the beauty is the green …and your dof management. No Nits …Beauty

Balan Vinod

1 Like

Great image! good spotting of the bug when it is well camouflaged. head on view works very well. Very well composed and captured. Love it!

1 Like