Green!

Few things are as special as a walk in a hardwood forest as the leaves have just unfurled. Here the Sugar Maple leaves formed a canopy of nearly impenetrable spring green—even the light was green! As I walked along, I literally pointed up and this is what I took away with me.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

any and all

Technical Details

Pentax K-7, 1/25, f5.6, 200mm, ISO200 with minor adjustments to tone curves and sharpening in LR

7 Likes

Wow! John. This is stunning. Just to be churlish I’d suggest you clone out the small white patch near the bottom, right-centre. But the all-enveloping greens and the clear shapes of the leaves make this a special shot for me.

Gorgeous, John, you’ve captured Spring on one image! One of the nicest back-lit photos I’ve seen. I like that the closer leaves show more form while the others gently fade away. Having both little branches come out from the right works for me also.

My dear “churlish” friend, @Mike_Friel I baited the hook and you bit! Seriously, I looked at that and though, yes, I should, and then I thought no, it is just a hole in that leaf. Maybe the small dark spot above it should go too?!? Many thanks for being exactly who you are.

@Mike_Friel I see I was looking at the wrong “churlish” spot! I agree that bit of brightness is distracting and will be banned from future prints of this image. Thanks.

1 Like

This definitely screams spring to me, John. The backlight is sublime and accentuates those lovely fresh spring greens perfectly. I do like @Mike_Friel’s along with your small clone suggestions. It would take an already outstanding image up another notch IMO.