Greeting the morning light

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any technical or artistic feedback welcome. Thanks.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Bill: Fantastic light on a really nice subject. I like the comp and your DOF management especially. Most excellent. :+1: :+1:>=))>

Bill, Thank you for the feedback. I was lucky with the light that morning - it didn’t last long. I experimented with different f stops and settled on this image. Still learning how to balance light, DOF and composition elements. I often do not see things until I get to the computer. thanks, Bill

Bill
Very striking and timely with the fall leaves out. Good DOF on that leaf!

1 Like

Wow! Wonderful capture of the leaf and perfect placement against the BG one! My only nit is the tiny bit of something bright on the right edge. Easy to fix!

Excellent separation of subject and background with selective DOF.

1 Like

Diane, Thanks for the critique. That bright area on the right edge got bye me. Good catch.

Bill: it’s an original and very well executed photograph. Congrats! Richard

1 Like

Near/far, smooth/detailed. Interesting subject and concept. Really unusual image nicely presented.

1 Like

Nice image with interesting contrasts as described by Patricia. I also like the contrast between light and shade on the leaf. I like the way the larger leaf leads into the red leaf. Nicely done.

1 Like