Haleakala Awakes

The Haleakala crater floor emerged out of the mists just before sunrise. The clouds were swirling over the rim and down into the crater creating a new scene every minute.

Specific Feedback Requested

I burned down the clouds in the URC a bit but are they still too prominent?

Technical Details

Sony A7RIII
Sony FE 24-105 G f4 OSS @ 83mm (HDR)
ISO 400, 1/25 @ f8

This is very cool, especially since I was there many years ago. The clouds add mystery and quiet. Well done.

Hey Bill - this has a lot of ancient mystery about it. The fog/mist does most of the work, but the view down in to the crater is rather primordial, too. The URC seems in keeping with the rest of the image and doesn’t look gray or muddy on my monitor. A person could get lost in all the swirling colors. I think the contour of the hills comes through quite well. Seems a touch magenta overall, but then I wasn’t standing next to you, although I wish I had been.

1 Like

Bill, this is very nicely mysterious (primordial) and well layered. I think the clouds along the right fit well. There is just a touch of sky showing in the upper right that might be made to disappear…

It is a beautiful scene, Bill. It has a curiously mysterious feel to me. The URC not too bright at all, at least for me. Very nicely seen and captured.