Hanalei Day

“Hanalei Day” (unreleased) © 2018

60 seconds of bliss for your Sunday. Taken recently with some free time at Hanalei Bay. Looking forward to spending more time down there coming up soon !

PS Just switched to C1. While the IQ seems way better than LR it’s a bit of a headache to give up some functionality of LR…any thoughts are appreciated for those that use both or transitioned.

Enjoy!
aF

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any pertinent technical details:

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Simple but engaging. The color contrast and the sense of calm here makes me take a little time to look at this even though there’s not all that much in the frame. I find myself noticing the details like the wispy clouds and the curl in the breaking wave near the horizon.

1 Like

Aaron - really liking this abstract! Tones/colors work very well together and for me add depth to the image. Looking at it very closely on the right starting with the bluish hue I see a line that catches my attention and extends to the left and slightly up into the image. The end point of that line takes my eye to that small dark cloud about a 1/3rd of the way up the left side. I cant decide if that is distracting or serves to pull the eye through the image? Either way its the firs thing I noticed when I opened the full image. Nicely done!

1 Like

Very soothing, warm and calm, just what I’d love on the beach today. It’s simple but strong. Love it.

1 Like

Simple and elegant Aaron.

Personally, I might like this even more without the leftover contrail or upper clouds… no biggie.

1 Like

Aaron, this image makes a strong case for “Less is More”. This has a lovely, soft feeling to it, enhanced by your processing. Nice work…

1 Like

Simple, elegant and dreamy. Awesome, Man.

1 Like