Hanalei Ridgeline

Late morning is leaning toward a fav time of day to shoot. We had a rare’ish day last week and had the camera with me. Fun 3 shot pano.

Thanks!
aF

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Aaron, this pano looks great, i just wish i could see it larger to appreciate more of the details in the scene. i like the composition very much, with strong mountains on both sides and the interesting clouds and ridge-lines in the center. The light at this time of day does work well for this subject. My only nitpick is that the waterline seems slightly tilted down to the left, but that’s easy to fix. Nicely done…

Wonderful panoramic Aaron. Fabulous sky and I really like how the blues top and bottom, frame the lush island greens.

Agree with Ed on the tilt. Shooting directly towards shore, there shouldn’t be any real or perceived distance fall off for a false tilt - I would expect the shoreline to be level. The length of the pano even exaggerates the perception of the tilt.

Lon

Thanks guys. The perceived tilt is the curve of the bay, not the tilt of the image. I could change it but then the mtns would be tilting down to the right. Could possible warp it up…but tbd . :slight_smile: