Hanging in there

This was another taken at the Tucson Botanical Gardens and I actually waited for the bee to get as close he way I wanted her.

Specific Feedback Requested

I like the yellow flower with the bee, not do not really want the part in the lower left that is OOF. Although maybe it is ok. The dark background is good but i s there too much

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 90D 180 macro 1/160 f/18 ISO 250 I used Topaz Sharpen AI because the bee was shaking a bit and so was I. It seem to fix that.

1 Like

Dean, another nice bee image. Love the color palette. I’m wondering if a square crop would work for this, taking some from both sides? Just a thought. Working with a subject as fast as a bee, I think as low as your ISO is, I would consider a faster shutter speed. Not even sure f18 is necessary, but you certainly should have plenty of ISO to allow you to have at least 1/1600, maybe more, unless you were using flash, which you didn’t mention. Just some thoughts. I am so looking forward to getting out and shooting bees soon (I think probably next week we should have some).

1 Like

I liked the square crop @Shirley_Freeman. So it was not a distraction I removed the small part off the plant and darken the background a bit. I I forgot to add I had a flash setup on this one

1 Like

Dean, the bee is nice and sharp and color coordinated well with the flower. The original post had too much black and the bee was centered. The square crop fixes both of those well.