Hawaiian Beach Boy

A Big Island surfing spot. This county park was destroyed/reimagined by the more recent volcanic activity. The Island is always changing… This was taken 6 months prior to the eruptions in the Puna District.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

iso 400, 200-500 at 500mm, f8, 800th, D850, handheld, 60 % of full frame, dark, cloudy, and drizzling.

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Great action shot and I love the wave action, David. You nailed the sweet spot with the focus.

I was going to say the same thing as Ed - Great action shot! :smiley:

Significant and poignant reminder of the power of nature - re: volcanic activity “re-imaging” the landscape.

Lon

Looks like fun in the water, David. The dominance of blue tones against the whites of the breaking surf is a nice touch.

I like it, David. Nice composition and definitely some serious moving water.

I’ll echo that is a great action image David; your really got a crisp image despite the motion. I love the way you caught the board out of the water.

Great pose. You captured the surfer at just the right moment.
:vulcan_salute: