Hazy Morning On The Ranch

When I encounter hazy conditions, I do my best to make images taking advantage of the haze (Death Valley, for example, often offers those conditions). This is an image of a ranch in rural Wyoming. I like the high key look and the negative space. I am curious to hear opinions on whether it works for other people.

D810, 70-200mm

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

This is exceptionally nice, Harley. I really like the high key processing and the way it simplifies and focuses the composition. The trio of peaks provide great balance. Processing looks very good to me. Only thought would be that I’d be tempted to warm the color balance a touch in the highlights.

Harley, I really appreciate these scenes and I think this one is spot on. I agree with Dave and would be curious to see a bit of warmth, but that is a nit pic. Nice work!

Harley,

You could also call this one, “Making lemonade…” :slight_smile: Seriously though, great job of taking advantage of the conditions and creating an image with impact. I like the subtle hints of the beams of light and the light striking the rock. Interesting how the quality of light can be so beautiful, given the poor air quality.

Contemplated some crop off the bottom, but not sure if that would improve or take away. I think wonderful as presented.

Lon

This has a luminosity that I find very appealing. The atmospheric mood is very nice. I think the color balance is fine as presented here. Nicely done!
-P

I have usually steered clear of taking any images in hazy conditions, but I will have to rethink that after viewing this beautiful image, Harley. The image is very inviting and the light on those BG peaks is gorgeous. No suggestions from me.