Hen Wigeon

Taken December 27, 2020 at a pond in a local cemetery. They ducks are wild; however, it seems they go there during hunting season to avoid hunters.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
canon 7 d II; 100/400 at 400; f 9.0; ISO 400; 1/1250th; cloudy setting. cropped slightly; some added saturation.

It’s not often you see a duck in snow. Nice catch. It’s funny about the hunter avoidance tactic, I swear there are more turkeys on the roadsides during turkey season(s). The duck looks a tiny bit overexposed, probably due to getting the snow right, so maybe a little burning in would even things out.

Excellent image, Jim… :+1:

Really good job on the exposure. This is a very tough exposure with what looks like hazy sun and a very colorful bird with minimal shadows. I think it is really cool to see the doc on the snow as others have mentioned

Hi Jim
Not your average duck shot. I like the setting. vary nice detail and coloring.
Peter

Gorgeous light on the duck and the snow background is pretty unique, Jim. I like this one a lot.

Thank you everyone for commenting. I haven’t posted for a while even though I’ve been out and about with camera. I also have been remiss in critiquing others. Hope to remedy that soon.