Hide and Seek 1

Hide and Seek 2

HIde and Seek 3

Hide and Seek 4

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I was at my favorite “drive around” wildlife refuge yesterday and saw someone pulled over and photographing something low down across the adjacent canal. It took me a long time to spot it and then just because it moved. I had to use manual focus to get past all the grass for these shots.

Specific Feedback

Anything.

Technical Details

Sony A1, FE 200-600 + 1.4 TC @ 815 mm, beanbag on car window, f/9, 1/2500, iso 1600, manual exposure, manual focus. Minimal processing (a crop) for the first three. In the fourth there was enough bird showing to let me select it and add some pop. Taken around 10:00 AM yesterday under sunny skies (slight haze).

Ah, my favorite bird. Nice camouflage going on here, Dennis. The third one is my favorite. Well done and a lot of fun. Where’s Bittern???

Cheers,
David

Took me a minute to find the little guy in the first image, Dennis. Great camouflage and nicely seen!

Nice camo series Dennis. Great to finally see the bird pop out from the reeds!

Elusive birds, nice series showing and good choice of manual focussing! Love them all. Cheers, Hans

Nice series showing how well the bittern is camouflaged. Glad it finally showed itself for the photo-op.