Hiding Slope

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I have to say that I don’t know if this really counts for fog. I think it is really just low cloud, but it created a lot of atmosphere on this mountain. It’s a pretty simple image. I don’t know if it speaks to anyone else, but there’s something about it I like.

This was taken somewhere in Svalbard from the boat.

Specific Feedback

Anything. I did also do a version in black and white. There’s not much to tell between the two because it was a pretty monochromatic landscape. I like them both, but in some ways I’m fascinated by the fact that this is a color image. That may sound silly, but it’s true.

Technical Details

Sony A7C, 103mm, ISO 400, f/8, 1/1000s. I didn’t need that shutter speed of course. I’m sure I didn’t change it from wildlife settings…

Karla, it speaks to me. There are strong diaginal lines that come and then fade away to the left and to the top. Just when one sees a pattern to life it disapears in the mists. OK, enough of that. I am bothered by the strong dark elements along the right margin. I downloaded the picture and removed some of them. I think I took away too much. I am courious what you think.

1 Like

@Barbara_Djordjevic Thanks for your suggestion. I like your version. I don’t know if I will take out quite as much, but it gives me a good visual to go from. It’s clean without looking like it’s too clean.

Karla, I agree. I think I took out a bit too much.

@Barbara_Djordjevic If someone hadn’t seen both, they would never know. :smiley: It actually looks very nice.