High Key!

Sometimes, when you are at home , and you happen to see a subject, you tend to just grab your camera and shoot. You are not prepared, to look at the settings, or correct the settings.

I just strapped on the ranox and shot a couple of frames hand held, and this carrhotus viduus male just jumped off the railing.

6DII, 70-200 F4L, Extension 12 mm, Raynox/ ISO 800, f18, 1/800

2 Likes

Great photo Balan. I can see your reflections in its eyeballs. Sometimes the planet just seem to aline. Nice catch.

Nice one! The little fellow is giving you a good look over. I like the colors and nice high key contrast. Very well done.

I am still laughing when I look at this photo. Those eyes peeking above e the edge provide an element of surprise. Looks fine as presented and this one will make an amazing print…Jim

Balan, I thought I commented on this one, but obviously, I didn’t! I just love this image. The subject is one of my very favorites in insects. I have learned to not be afraid of them. Knowledge is wonderful.

Those eyes peaking over the edge really makes this shot. To add to that, the high key foreground/background just makes him stand out. No distractions, just him peaking over the edge. Wonderful details in him as well. Excellent image in every way! :+1: :+1:

Balan: Luck happens to those who are prepared and observant. Great pose and a superb capture. Most excellent. >=))>

Love those eyes and the hairdo!

This is excellent, Balan. The details in the eyes are very striking. The “surprise” view and the minimalist white background add well to the fun of viewing. I have to agree with Jim Z about chuckling as I view this one. It will make a great print.

Looks like you have made the most of any available opportunities during this time of isolation. Lovely image. Love the composition and the placement of the spider at the bottom of the frame. Contrast between the dark spider and the white background and foreground are striking. Wonderful image!

This gave me a good chuckle. Quite a shot. I agree with Mark - print it!

This guy is saying “Hi there!” Wonderful sharp capture.