Hiking in NM Blue Bird

Specific Feedback Requested

What kind of bird is this?

Technical Details

Lumix S5

1 Like

Looks like a Mexican Jay, but without some location / date info, can’t be certain.

1 Like

Nice look at the jay and the vignetting creates a rather interesting mood. As to the ID, Merlin listed Woodhouse Scrub Jay first and then Mexican Jay. As Keith mentioned, location would be important, as at least on my range map, the Mexican Jay is found more in the far western part of New Mexico.

1 Like

Good atmosphere and bird sharp; but I’d like to know the technical details to comment more.

1 Like

Thanks, guys. The image was made a little north of Taos, NM. I do not post tech data because I feel we place too much on hardware and settings. @Igor_Doncov pointed out we also do not speak of the mood and story of the image, but most of us focus on craft.
Thanks
Steve

A lovely image, Steve. I like the idea of the vignette, but I think it might be even better with a freehand one as I think those twisty branches in the lower right corner deserve a little more attention.

1 Like

Thanks @Dennis_Plank
I agree did not notice. That’s what I like about NPN up until now I had very feedback on my images. More eyes make for better images.
Thanks again
Steve