Himalayan Griffon Vulture

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Canon 7D II; 100-400 mm; ISO 1250; 1/800 sec. at f 5.6

3 Likes

J…looking at this guy it’s hard to imagine he or she ever being airborne. I mean that is one stout looking vulture. No doubt the feathers are the camouflage hiding the actual girth here. Like most all vultures the bald head for staying a bit cleaner while eating carrion. Excellent detail overall.
Only change might be to crop from the top a bit. Seems like a lot of openness up there.

1 Like

love it! That bird means business. Ideally I’d like more foreground than back, but maybe that’s not possible. Terrific time and place capture.

1 Like

Great shot of this unique vulture, Jagdeep! As always, your exposure, color and detail are exceptional and I like that it appears to looking right at you. I agree with others that there is probably a little extra dead space on top but it’s not distracting for me.

1 Like

Thank you friends !
Actually this was composed this way thinking of front cover.

1 Like

Hi J Rajput
This photograph provides all you need to know about how the great out-doors, works. Great detail and color.
Peter

1 Like

Jagdeep, I have to say, that is the best-looking vulture I have ever seen. He gave you a nice head turn too. Those ruffled feathers really make him interesting to me.

1 Like

Being a lover of vultures, both old and new world, I am always thinking that every vulture photo is amazing just because it is a vulture. But this is so outstanding, Jagdeep! I think the Griffons are endangered in the northern part of India, is that right? But they are plentiful in Pakistan. Was this in the wild or a rehab center? I think it will make a wonderful front cover photo as you said you intended it for. Beautiful capture!

1 Like

Thanks friends !
@Vanessa_Hill this vulture is ‘near threatened’ in IUCN red list. This was in the wild, actually a deer had died in the Corbett National Park of natural causes and I happened to find four different species of vultures there.

1 Like

Oh wow! That must have been an awesome experience! Was the Cinereous vulture one of them? I think they’re so pretty. I hope to see more photos from your sighting!

1 Like

Yess!
It was Himalayan Griffon, Cinereous Vulture, King Vulture and fourth name Is not coming to my mind. :roll_eyes:

1 Like