Hoosier Harvest

This is an old slide scan taken sometime around 2000. My dad lived in Southern Indiana and one fall when I went to visit him we took a ride out in the country where we came across this scene of soy beans and hay. It was one of those days where you could hear the rustling of the wind and the clicking of the grasshoppers. We never had to say much in places like this and I cherish the memory every time I view this image. All comments welcome. >=))>

1 Like

@Bill_Fach - While I enjoyed the fall color and “amber grain”, my comment relates more to what you said that I think is actually a very important point, at least in personal photography. You said that you have a cherished memory that you think of whenever you look at this image. I think that’s in the back of my mind when I’m out with my camera, but maybe not as much in the forefront as it should be. Thanks for pointing that out.

Bill, it’s a lovely, peaceful, inviting scene and a wonderful memory to go with. You’ve got a fine mix of the soybeans, hay rolls and fall colors in the distance. I’m fascinated by the color comparison with my soybean field shot.

Very striking fall colors Bill. The rolling landscape adds to the idealistic feel of this rural scene. Thanks for sharing the memory and the photo.