How tender a poppy can be

Here I try to show the tender lightness of this poppy.

What technical feedback would you like if any? I like the feedback

What artistic feedback would you like if any?I like the feedback

Pertinent technical details or techniques: It’s a double in camera take.Processed in photoshop.

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

I like this one, Ben. The shallow dof works well and it is well composed.

Ben: I love the translucence of the petals and the light especially. I also like your POF/DOF choice. I might crop the ULC or do a content aware repair on the OOF purple spots there as they pull my eye a bit but that’s a less than one cent nit. Beautiful image.>=))>

This is quite lovely Ben. I had to take a double-take - and then thank you for the information of the double exposure, which explains the translucence of the poppy pedals. Great job and vision with this.

Colors and processing are excellent. I love the soft, oof, bg flowers providing that contextual back ground. Not a nit really, but I suppose you could tighten up the crop; especially from the left and maybe even some from the right. But that’s minor and an alternative, not a nit really.

Lon

Very, nice, Ben. I also like the translucence of the petals, with the other flowers showing through. Great shot.

Nice image Ben. Your choice of subjects and placement are spot on. I too like the transparency of the poppy’s petals. Could you explain further what features are in-camera and which you processed in PS?

@Harley_Goldman @Patricia_Brundage @Bill_Fach @Lon_Overacker @Shirley_Freeman . Thank you all for these positive comments. @Patricia_Brundage next time I shall tell how I did it.