Hummer/Flower

I’ve been seeing a hummingbird coming in to our Cleveland Sage that’s lit by the evening sun against our shaded wall. I like the contrast.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
D500, Nikon 200-500 lens, Nikon 1.4 TC, monopod, 1/1600th, f 8.0, AI Clear, cropped to 2144 x 2322

3 Likes

Gorgeous, Dave. The detail in both the hummer and the flower are fantastic. The OOF background works quite well in setting off the bird and the flower. Very nicely done.

A nice capture Dave. Hummer position is really nice and I too like the contrast. I don’t care for the flower in the lower left and I’d opt to remove it.

There’s also a hard black line about a 1/5 of the way up in the background that seems off. Maybe it’s the edge of a wall or something, but I’d work to soften that distinction.

Hi Dave
You gave us a nice looking Hummingbird. The framing is set with the follows bring your eye to the Hummingbird. The clipping in the blue follows, I think could be handled in photoshop with a light blue fill brush. As for the dark linel in the lower frame, maybe a blur brush can be used to soften the edge? Nice work.
Peter

Wow! This is beautiful, Dave! You froze the action perfectly, it’s beautiful lighting and I love the little feet hanging down!