Hummingbird Moth over lantana

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Seen recently at the local botanic gardens. I liked the dew on the flowers below the moth as well as the feeding pose.

Specific Feedback

Any

Technical Details

Canon 90D, 70-200 f2.8L IS II, 1.4x II
ISO 2500, f8, 1/1250s, hand held

2 Likes

Wow, this is another beauty! The colors are so soothing and the palette works so well together. I love that you didn’t amp up the saturation. It helps the bug stand out well and feel like a part of its environment. Fantastic action shot as well - I particularly like the position of the legs and whether or not they are used to stabilize it on the flower. Wonderful.

What @Kris_Smith said! Also love the little droplets of water on the flower that is under the moth. Really nice details. Loving your Hummingbird Moth shots. Keep them coming!

Another beautiful hummingbird moth, Allen. I very much envy you having so many of them. The surroundings are handled beautifully in this image.

Anther wonderful hummingbird moth image. Just the right amount of everything. Love the water drops. My favorite.

All said above – I just have to add my Wow! You got unexpected and gorgeous detail in the moth.

A perfect photo image and everything just worked out well with this one.