Hummingbird Moth (Snowberry Clearwing) on lantana

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Seen recently at the local botanic gardens. I liked the side light coming in and lighting up the wings.

Specific Feedback

The flower is pretty bright. I toned it down as much as I think I could while keeping it realistic. Any thought on that?
Anything else?

Technical Details

Canon 90D, 70-200 f2.8L IS II, 1.4x extender II
ISO 2500, f8, 1/1000s, hand held

Processed in DXO Pure Raw 3 and Photoshop.

1 Like

Allen: Great capture of this beauty! I envy you the opportunity. We occasionally have them pass through our garden but I only see them in the evening when the light is low. Top notch shot. >=))>

Great job, Allen. I’ve only seen one hummingbird moth that I could identify for sure in my life and didn’t have a camera with me at the time. I’d love to get a shot like this.

Well done, Allen. These guys are so fast and little. Nice details and a wonderful BG to go with it. I haven’t seen one this year, but have in times past and haven’t captured anything like this yet.

I love how flowers are reflected in a hummer’s chin. The flower is still a bit bright, but this is what causes the reflection, so it makes sense here. Maybe tone down the bright bit in the tail a little?Lovely shot.