I am posting this looking for any and all feedback please

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques. no processing was done on this image

This is lovely Kyle. I’m impressed with your management of the depth of field. You’ve managed about 99% of the blossom, and the little bits OOF at the upper edge are hard to notice against the great form and sharp focus of the remainder. Meanwhile you dropped the moss outside the DOF. None of that is easy with a single exposure.

Very nicely done, Kyle. I agree with Hank on his comments about the depth of field. I would also like to say, welcome to NPN, and I am looking forward to seeing more of your work. I believe this is a great place to learn and grow in photography, as well as a great community of photographers. Hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

Kyle: Welcome to NPN and to Flora in particular. I do like the DOF on the flower and would be interested in some of your settings. For me the focus achieved on the moss is awkward. I would prefer more to see the texture and detail or a lot less so its commanding less attention. The vertical 16:9 orientation is unconventional but that’s purely a matter of artistic taste. Great to have you aboard and looking forward to more. >=))>

Thank you Hank for your comments. They were very encouraging and I look forward to submitting more photos.

Thank you Shirley for your kind words about my photo and your welcoming me to NPN. I look forward to submitting more photos and learning from other photographers.

1 Like

Thank you for your critique and welcoming me to NPN Bill. I shot this with a Sony A7ii and a Tamron 90mm macro. F/8 1/8sec. ISO200 I look forward to submitting more photos.

Hi Kyle. Sorry to be chiming in so late. I think you did a magnificent job on the bloom itself. I would be tempted to crop most of the bottom away as I don’t think the extra moss adds much to the image. I don’t know what software you have available, but if you could select the background separately from the flower, you might try a bit of blur and maybe some desaturation. To my eye, it competes a little too successfully with the trillium.

Welcome to NPN and I’m really looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Hi Dennis, sorry I’m late responding. Work gets in the way. Thank you for your critique. I use Lightroom but still learning how to use it. Thanks for the welcome to NPN and i look forward to submitting more images.