Ice Have My Eye On You!

Any feedback would be great.

These are ice blocks stacked up to keep people from stumbling into a hole we cut out to go ice diving on a frozen lake. I noticed the “window” with the mountains in the background and thought the blocks would make an interesting frame. I was startled to see what looks like a face staring back at me as I bent down to frame the image. Banff National Park.

That sure does look like a face!!! Jeez!

1 Like

@Harley_Goldman Ya, kinda creepy! :zombie:

You are being watched…!!! The mix of face and view through the ice is great. I’m not sure what (if anything) you might do with this photo, but it might be worth cropping off the bottom to either 8.5 x 11 or 4 x 5.

1 Like

At first I thought this was a composite, but I guess not. Lucky I didn’t see this before I go to bed.

1 Like

Amazing; what a shot. And the view of the mountains is nice, too.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! Mark, I did crop some from the bottom and left already and maybe it’s my lousy eyesight but the darker area under the eyes almost looks like the chin and side of the face?

Keith: I’m waiting for the creepy music. Good find and a fine capture.>=))>

1 Like

I wish people would quit replying to my topic, I’m going to have nightmares if I keep seeing my own photo! :rofl:

Thank you, Bill!

A very cool face, Keith. Definitely surreal.

1 Like

Great find. Contrary to some suggestions, I think there should be more at the bottom. I see almost a full face but not quite the entire chin. Does this guy have muttonchops? Probably been on ice for a long time.

Jim: Here is the uncropped original for reference. I think I prefer this one as well.

I do, too. Now it looks like a big beard.

1 Like

This is a super interesting montage of unrelated parts and I really like it. The right eye looks to have long lashes and the mountain is almost unrecognizable as a landform.

I don’t know if you’re interested in taking this any further but maybe consider balancing the exposure a bit between the bright landform and the ice.

Yeah it’s a weird image, but I find after 20 some years of shooting that I’ve got enough weird or one-off images I never thought much about that together actually make a great collection. Don’t get rid of it!!

1 Like

@Matt_Lancaster Interesting and appropriate thought Matt, I was actually looking for another image and came across this one that I had forgotten about. I won’t get rid of it…

Yeah, and keyword it so you can find it again. I actually made a collection in LR called Happy Accidents. This would be a candidate.