In The Spotlight

This is the first year that our Louisiana Iris has bloomed and we were blessed with this blue variety and a maroon bloom. This is an HDR to tame the high contrast. All comments welcome. >=))>

Specific Feedback Requested

any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony A7RIII
Sony 70-200 f2.8 GM @ 200mm
ISO 400, 1/1600 @ f5.6

1 Like

the light really shows the greenish edges to the base of the petals - something either I’ve never noticed before or it’s particular to this species. Pretty nice. Wish the light was more centered on the flower, but there’s always tomorrow. Oh wait, don’t these only bloom or a single day? You must have a gorgeous garden.

Love the lighting, Bill. At least for me, I like how the light is coming in from the left gives the feel of more to come. Beautifully done.

Gorgeous, with the perfect angle on the flower!! I love the detail and then the falloff to softer focus!

Lots of alternate possibilities to play with here! I wonder about a second version with some masking to bring a little more light to the darker petal and leaf on the right side, and a little darkening of the lightest petal on the left. Maybe bending the bright greens at the top to be more analogous to the tans. But these aren’t critical suggestions, just things to play with.

I’m with Diane on this. I like the image, but the light balance is possibly less than ideal. Played around a bit with it in Ps. The dark blues are somewhat resistant to my efforts.