In the Stream

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

While enjoying my pond and stream, I suprised this green frog. It jumped into the water and hid, but didn’t stay down for long. I set up alongside and waited until it decided to come up and look around. In this area, the water is flowing quickly away from the waterfall. I thought that the moving water, slow shutter speed (heavy overcast) and cautious frog had interesting semi-abstract qualities.

Technical Details

R5, 180mm macro, 1/25 s, f/8, iso 800, tripod

Oh I love it! Better than the green frog I found on the dock the other day - something caught it, but was spooked before it could eat it so it died for nothing, unfortunately.

This one looks lively and quick. Great focus on the eye, but the view down into the water is especially evocative of how these guys live. The swirling reflections are nice, too. I find greenies are the most patient with humans and cameras so maybe you can get one of it a little more face on to you. They are so very cute.

Beautifully captured and very nicely placed in the frame !
I really like the slow shutter effect on the water,