Lurking in the Rain

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

With temperatures into the 60’s (F), the Wood Frogs are mating in my pond. In this case, it seems that they were only lurking and not singing as it rained. This one was holding on to a spent lily bloom from last fall.

Technical Details

R5, 100-500 @ 428, 1/250 s, f/14, iso 1600, tripod

3 Likes

So cool, with the texture, reflections and color of the water matching the frog!! A perfect example of how the BG or environment is so often color-coordinated with the subject. And who doesn’t love a frog!

Mark: This is awesome IMO! Love the color palette and the ripples. Had to boost it to the full size image to really see the frog well but at that size it’s terrific. I envy you your pond. What a marvelous place in winter or spring. >=))>

Really liked the ripples and textures on the water. Took me a bit to even “see” the frog. Heck, my first thought was it was a very close up image of the frog, and I was seeing its skin – especially the top and bottom of the frame. Not much I can see to change here without loosing the fun of the image. Enjoy the pond.

Wonderful textures and patterns. That alone would make a nice image, but the frog is an added surprise. He certainly is well camouflaged.

Beautiful image, Mark. I love the look of the water in this image and as noted by others, the frog is a wonderful treat.