Song incoming

Spring sprang around here yesterday (and now it’s back to late winter), with the Wood Frogs singing like crazy. In this case, the waves are from a nearby singer, while this one was being quiet. (R5, 100-500 @ 451, 1/1600 s, f/10, iso 6400, tripod, high speed, to catch singers in the act)

4 Likes

Mark, I love this shot. The colors, the rings of waves in the water, and him just staring you down. You had the two of them working in harmony with each other. This one posing nicely while the other created the ripples in the water. I sure can’t think of anything that could improve the shot. Really nice shot!

Love, love, love the looks, Mark. And how you have captured the water with just enough softness. Great shot!

Mark, the larger version that frog just “leaps” out at you.
I just had to say that… :clown_face:
This is an excellent image as the darker water and the pond bottom provides a stronger focus towards the main subject of the frog… :+1:
The only thought for change is the highlights on the frogs right head and body area. Maybe just a D&B there for another look… :thinking:

Wonderful image, Mark. I love the feeling that the water is moving and the frog is still. What a terrific image. And the noise is very well handled for an ISO 6400 image. Well done.

Wonderful catch! I love the water and the look from the frog. Maybe I’m missing something, but I can’t figure out what I’m seeing just under his throat.

Mark: Terrific capture of the moment. Love the water action and I also like that his color blends in so well with the pond/stream bed. I’m also encouraged that you’re still a master of single capture :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. Most excellent. >=))>