Incoming Tide, Cape Kiawanda, Oregon

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I straddled te incoming tide balancing my trip[pod on the rocks. I wanted to reveal the force of the incoming tide among the rocks with the landmasses in the background.

Specific Feedback

Did I accomplish my goal? Would you have exposed the water differently?

Technical Details

This was photographed on medium format Ilford Super 400 film 25+ years ago. The negative was scanned and digitally printed.All the specific exposure data is lost to memory.

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:
1 Like

Paul: One of my favorite places on the coast. I do like your SS choice that gives the water some smooth movement but still picks up a small surf splash. Well conceived, captured and presented. >=))>

Nice treatment of this scene in BW Paul. It shows the nice smooth water of the incoming tide with the power of the waves against the rocks. No way I could straddle those slippery rocks these days. . . .

Thank you. A special place indeed. I was just traveling the coast with my wife and happened to stay there for a day/night. Blind luck.

Appreciate your input. I was much younger then with better balance. Plus with film, I didn’t know what I captured until I got back home in Massachusetts.

YES !!! You accomplished your goal. I love this style of photography and you nailed it. !!! Beautiful image !!!