inheritance

Critique Style Requested: In-depth

The photographer has shared comprehensive information about their intent and creative vision for this image. Please examine the details and offer feedback on how they can most effectively realize their vision.

Self Critique

The emotive sense of age, decline and reverence.
I might be a bit tight on the right. but the fence I was leaning over to make the shot would have intruded into the image.

Creative direction

Telling a story about the barn.

Specific Feedback

Can you relate to the processes affecting the barn?

Technical Details

Canon EOS 5D IV; Canon EF 16-35mm @ 26mm; f/8 @ 1/250 sec, ISO 100; Gitzo tripod; RRS BH55; Canon RS-80N3 remote switch

Description

The owner of the barn, Mr. Judson, came out to see what I was doing. He told me the property and barn has been passed down from his father to him. He has a lifetime of memories about the barn, including milking the cow before going to school, arsonists attempting to burn it down and countless others. We talked for at least an hour. Maybe longer.

1 Like

At my age, I can definitely relate to what’s happening to the barn, Bob! I like the backstory you provided. I think when you create a book with your decaying buildings, little stories like that will add a lot. While a picture may be worth a thousand words, sometimes they just don’t stand alone, particularly when you want to convey a precise message.

Dennis:

Thank you @Dennis_Plank for your kind remarks and suggestions. I am in the last throes of publishing my latest book “Detours and Discoveries” which I am hoping will be completed and delivered next week. It is at the bindery.

I am contemplating producing a book on “Derelict Structures” next.

Bob