Iris From Our Yard

This image of an iris from our back yard was made by placing it in a black box and using natural light form a window on the right to light the bloom.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Black Box used to create background and control light

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any and all

Any pertinent technical details:

5D4 with 100 F 2.8 Macro at F 22.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Excellent, Ed. I’d say your set-up was perfect. I like the directionality of the soft winter light that really brings out the contours of the iris. The entire flower appears to be within the depth of field and the colors are right on. You might look at adding just a touch of canvas on the right, but it’s a beautiful image as posted.

Ed: This is wonderfully done. Beautiful flower superbly rendered. Most excellent.>=))>

Wow, Ed, this is beautiful! I need to try my hand at a black box. I have the velvet, and the box, so you have challenged me for the new year to stretch myself in my photography!

Really nice. Thanks for sharing your background setup. On my list to try myself in 2019.

Very nice light and a beautiful bloom on this bearded Iris. Could use a bit more room on the right, otherwise perfect. The black BG is a real plus as well as the perfect DOF.:+1::+1: