Island in the Mist - w/Editing Rework (2)

Still one of my favorite images and as first presented, I felt pretty dang slick but the TK8 panels for tonal and color mapping and Kris Smith’s Orton Sharpening, opened up a few new doors, with more opening every day.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any, as always.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
For the most part, I tried to work a better balance between the highlights and shadows and reworked the cropping by taking out some sky, some water and clipping in both sides.

I’m glad you’re pleased. It is a wonderful image, very graphic and moody. I might be tempted to pull back on the blue just a bit - it feels a bit overpowering - but I love that it is there in the way it pulls the rug out from under the general monochromatic feel. I don’t know if it is intentional but the horizon is listing to the right just a bit.

Optically elusive it was actually leaning a slight bit the other way so I fixed that and reduced the saturation in the blues ever so slightly.

2 Likes

I am really enjoying this lovely scene Chris. Your slight reduction in the blue saturation in the repost took care of my only suggestion. This has a nice quiet feel to it as though I could be the only one there soaking in the solitude. The fog is a great touch and those horizontal bands of color in the water give the image some depth. I can see why this is one of your favorites.

1 Like

Hi Chris
Of your posting , this is my favorite. I just want to set there and let the sun burn away the fog and start a great day.
Peter

1 Like

@peter I do this every foggy morning - in fact, did it this morning. Cheers.