It's Looking Like Success!

I posted an image of an adult Purple Martin perched in this same Kestrel Box a while back. This is one of its offspring and if it hasn’t fledged yet is very, very close. I was somewhat worried because the box is so deep and I wasn’t sure the youngsters would be able to get out, but it doesn’t look like this one is having any problems.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony A1, FE 200-600 + 1.4 TC @ 840 mm, hand held, f/9, 1/4000, iso 2000 (left over from working in a heavily shaded area), fill flash at -2 EV, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped to 2683x3491 (about 18% of the original). A bunch of bright specks on the birdhouse cleaned up and the exposure on the bird brought up a fair amount relative to the box. Taken yesterday at 9:58 AM.

2 Likes

Oh, what a sweet image, Dennis! It’s so nice to watch the lives of animals! It really looks good, it’s not easy to capture a dark little bird in a dark place! Great capture!

A really nice yopungster! I just played around a little with the light and come up with this. Maybe a little bit overdone, but it could be a possibility.

@Ola_Jovall I like the added directionally of the light in your version, Ola. Thanks for the idea.