It's the eyes

Cleaning up some of the shot from last summer I came across this two Osprey photos. I wish the background had a few clouds, but this Osprey was going out to hunt and it was just blue shy that morning. The shots were taken from the Zodiac , on Aug. 15, at 8:00 AM.
Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback Requested

any

Technical Details

Canon R5, Sigma 150-600mm, f7.1, 498mm, 1/2000, ISO 400. The shots were cropped 60 to 40% and I adjusted the highlights, contrast and saturation in DXO Photo Lab 5.

Very nice head on look at the Osprey with the eyes bright and sharp. I also like the wing detail and color-which I’ve found hard to get in an Osprey. Good job.

Excellent in-flight photos here of this Osprey & masterful fisherman, Roger. These guys are truly a real treat to watch in action skimming the waterways. Thanks for sharing these images… :+1:

Excellent exposure and detail in both of these, Peter. I have a preference for the first as it feels more on the viewer’s level.

Some very nice flight shots, Peter with beautiful wing positions.

I like the second one better than the first because of the wing position and the slightly better frame filling comp too. There’s plenty of details in the shadows and the yellow eyes are nice and sharp. Well done…Jim