Jane Magnolia

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 5DS-R,1/160 sec., ISO 320

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Beauty! A nice movement due to the petals and the two blossoms trying to escape towards the corners. The splendid color is painted with a soothing tonality. The only nit is an halo all around the petals due probably for blurring the GB but the composition and the color are so splendid that set aside any nit.

A lovely image ! The subdued lighting suits the flower perfectly - this has a delicate feel which I like a lot,

John: We have two of these in our garden and I love shooting them. You caught this bloom in its prime and I like the presence of the bud also. Beautiful subject superbly captured. >=))>

JOHN
This is simply lovely. No nits from me!

Most excellent John! Love the colors and detail. Great job with the background too.

The presentation of the flower and bud are spot on. I do agree that there is a funky blur around the magnolia flower that could easily be fixed. Otherwise a wonderful image.

Hi Patricia, If possible, could you advise me on the cure of the funky blur on the magnolia? This picture was produced using layer mask and gaussian blur, then painting off the blur on the flower petals. It is difficult leaving a good line and not removing surrounding blur.
Wayne

This is my first try at downloading and working on someone else’s image. After downloading I outlined the magnolia with the quick selection tool. Then selected “Select Inverse”. Went to the clone tool and put it on the first blurry box and picked the correct color nearest nearest the the “funky” outline I was trying to remove and cloned it out. Go slowly to get the effect you want. When done, return to the quick selection tool and hit “Deselect”. Save. Hope this helps. I’m sure there are other ways of avoiding the outline when using layers, but I have very little experience using layers.

Thanks Patricia, I’ve learned so much from the kindness of members. I will try your method. The picture looks great.