Japanese Anemone + RP

And a tweak as suggested by Dennis:

The original:

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

There are a lot of these at Sonoma Botanical Garden and I got lucky with clouds last trip. I love finding a bloom juxtaposed with buds.

Specific Feedback

All comments welcome!

Technical Details

Screen Shot 2023-08-28 at 5.02.33 PM

Highlights brought down in LR, and a stack processed in Zerene. Then into PS for very minor BG retouching.

Very nice job controlling the stack, Diane. I like the selective focus. You might want to look at the bright double circle behind the buds-it tries to draw my eye into the background even though there’s nothing there.

Thanks, @Dennis_Plank! I hadn’t noticed that but when you pointed it out it became one of those can’t unsee things. Tweaked version posted above – better?

That did the trick, Diane.

The rework is just the thing. Good eye, Dennis! I like the directions the leaf and buds are pointing in because it compliments the way the petals stretch out from the center of the flower. The light helped bring so much texture into those, too. Quite lovely and an unusual flower since it isn’t native. Reminds me of a wild rose a bit.