Just and an other day.

I shot this Snowy on July 19, at 9 AM in Rocky Neck State Park, CT. Getting the proper separation between the green grass and the Snowy prove to be a problem. I ended up using the Nik Collection (color effect 5 -Contrast color range and contract only filters to tone down the grass and add more detail in the Snowy’s whites).

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.
  • Conceptual: Feedback on the message and story conveyed by the image.
  • Emotional: Feedback on the emotional impact and artistic value of the image.
  • Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

any

Technical Details

Canon R5, Canon 100-500mm & 1.4ext, f10, 700mm, 1/1600, -1EV, 1000 ISO. The shot was cropped by 50%. into a 16 by 9 and I adjusted the gain and highlights in DXO Photo lay 5.

1 Like

Very pleasant image, I love the environment you included! No nits from me :wink: … Cheers, Hans

I agree with Hans on this one. Superb setting and outstanding detail.

The combination of the egret and setting makes for a very pleasing image. Well done.

This is a beautiful environmental portrait, Peter. I love the way the grasses frame the Egret. I also like the way the grassy bank behind the Egret opens up to water behind the grasses, which adds a lot of interest to the scene, vs. just a bank of grasses in the background. Well done!

Hi Nans, David, Allen & Mark.
Thank you for your comments. I like the overall look of the the shot but it took 3 resets and a video on Nik Color Efex Pro 5 to produce the final photograph. I will try to get back more often to the Nature Photographers to common on other member’s photographs.
Peter