Just Crusin'

One of those sweet days when everything falls into place. This Great Egret was perfectly backlit and I managed a near perfect pan.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
D810, 200-500 @ 370mm, f/5.6, 1/800, ISO 140 +.67 EV

Pretty much all in ACR though added some canvas on the left side for look out room in PS. Minor color adjustments in PS.

1 Like

I love the view of the water through the wings, Chris. Nice composition as well.

1 Like

Beautiful flight shot, Chris, the sunlight through the wings is very beautiful. I like the ever so soft touch of the primaries on the water. For such a large species I am always awed at how effortless their flight seems.

1 Like

Very cool. The backlighting and luminosity of the wings takes this to another level. Well done!

1 Like

Wonderful soft, pastel colors in this image Chris. I like the down swept wing position with the primaries just touching the water. The open beak adds some interest and the backlighting is handled perfectly. The head angle and eye contact could be in better light and I wish that the dark reflection was not in the frame but it’s certainly not a deal killer. Wonderful backlighting and terrific panning. The added canvas on the left side is not noticeable. Well done Chris.

1 Like

A very pleasing image. One of your more artistic photos. Excellent lighting!

1 Like

Gorgeous lighting! The reflection of the pole is a nice balancing element.

1 Like

@Diane_Miller @David_Bostock @David_Haynes @David_Schoen @Dennis_Plank @Stephen_Stanton Thanks for all the likes and kind remarks. It was just one of those times when everything fell into place.