Just hanging around with some birds

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

I like making the Stilt the focus of the image, Brian. This is a nice grouping, though you might think about cropping a bit and doing a touch of cloning to eliminate the two out-of-focus birds in the bottom of the frame. Having critters cut off like that tends to create discontinuities that draw the eye to the edge of the frame.

This looks like it was taken at a zoo or aquarium (Monterrey Bay Aquarium?). If so, is should be posted in the Human and Fauna category. If you let us know, one of the moderators can move it.

Thanks for posting this and I look forward to seeing more of your work and hearing your comments on others’ work.

Thank you, yes please move it as I am still learning about this site.
And yes Monterey Aquarium.
Thank you so much for your critique.

Done, Brian. I thought I recognized it. I have some very similar shots in my files from a couple of years ago. Please feel free to post images you took of the aquatic displays as well. It’s a really cool place to shoot.