Lark Sparrow

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Here’s a shot I got of a Lark’s Sparrow. D500, Nikon 2-500mm lens, 1/2500th, f/5.6, ISO 640, 500mm, cropped to 1351 x 974, hand held, AI Clear

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Hi Dave. I think you got the wrong file uploaded. this looks more like a Mountain chickadee to me. Very nice detail and pose. You might get rid of the three out of focus twigs sticking into the bottom of the frame.

Dennis
Well, I just got caught not knowing a bird species. I’m learning on here in a couple of ways. I continue to be very appreciative of the opinions and observations by you folks on here. What a prize it is. Oh, and intend to junk some of those branches you mention… like I kind’ve thought about doing but didn’t. Thanks.

Hi Dave,

Dennis is correct in naming the character in your image as the mountain chickadee. Once you remove the 3 OOF branches, it will be ready for printing and displaying on your well. The focus and exposure are spot on. Well done…Jim

Super image, even if the wrong ID - as most of us have done at one time or another.
Nice pose, tack-sharp, bright eye, and clean BG.
I’d also remove the far left branch in addition to the 3 OOF ones.
Excellent image!
Sandy