Leaf?

I was out looking for small insects and came across this. I think it is a leaf but I was not sure because of the color and the way it was handing. These are raw from the camera. The top photo might be interesting to work with even if it was just a leaf

Dean, you have excellent eyes for finding little things out there in the bush. I am not sure what this is. Hopefully someone in the know can help. The second image, although I can’t see it as well, seems to hold the shape of the skeletal of an insect, or some type of insect that sheds. Just not sure.

My best guess is that this is the top or total view of an insect abdomen that was left over from a spider’s feast. Nice and sharp and the image has enough detail where I could get it figured out. Well done…Jim

1 Like

Thanks Shirley and Jim, when I first saw it I thought it was a small insect of some type and then saw it hanging there. I would have passed it along as a leaf but the webs attached main it a bit odd. The color contrast from the green is how I spotted it, it was pretty small

I agree with Jim that this looks like the leftover’s from something’s meal. The top pic looks like the abdomen from some chunky beetle. An interesting find, Dean.

Dean: Nice find and almost surely what Jim suggested. At first glance I thought the filaments might be suspending fibers on a butterfly chrysalis but on closer scrutiny they look more like spider webs. Good catch. >=))>