Leaves of Gold #2

Here is another scene that caught my eye while shooting in Shenandoah NP that foggy day. The fog was really magical that day and created such a wonderful mood for the trees to showcase their autumn laden foliage. I hope that shows in the images. I found this grouping of trees not far from my last post. There are several several more images from that trip that I would like to share so I hope no one gets to bored with them.

As always thanks for taking a moment to leave your thoughts as they are always appreciated.

Specific Feedback Requested

All C&C welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D800, Nikon 80-200 @ 170mm, f 16 @ 1/13 sec, ISO 400, MLU, CPL, cable release & tripod.

5 Likes

Ed, somehow the fog itself looks yellow and warm! Maybe the moisture in the fog/air is reflecting all the yellow of the leaves? Anyway, the mist and yellow and softness is just beautiful. Keep them coming!

The fog really does give it a magical forest look. I really like the angle, it looks like you’re sitting up in a tree! Lovely composition!

One more great image from your visit in Shenandoah NP. I ike this a lot, once again the fog and the colors are just perfect. Your composition is great as well, you have placed the tree trunks in a pleasing pattern, and the image seems to have been shot downwards which also add to the impression of the image. A very minor comment: There is a cut leaf in the LRC that could be deleted or softened somewhat

This one is not working for me quite as well. For some reason, I am bothered by the closest leaves both in the upper right half and the LRC. I like the fog and mood and what is going on in the background.

Fabulous image. Indeed, the light is magical and your composition is great. Well done!

This works well for me too Ed. I like the warm WB, it helps convey a wonderful autumn mood. I do agree with @Ola_Jovall and @Harley_Goldman , the leaves in the extreme LRC are an issue, I would play with cloning or maybe even a crop from the bottom to eliminate them.

Ed, I really like this view. The mix of glowing leaves, fog, and trunks has a fine mystical feeling. I like how the foreground leaves in the upper right have a bit of extra glow. If you think that little cluster of leaves, LRC, is getting too much attention, some burning-in and/or a subtle saturation adjustment will fix that.

Please don’t stop posting these.

I did a little work in Ps -

Nice work Ed!
Others have pointed out a few nits - minor in my opinion. I do like the tree separations. May be a little warm. But the overall mood is excellent!